Monday, November 4, 2013

Life is Great!

Hello my family!

So, this past week was the first week of being a trainer, and it was pretty crazy. I was a little stressed, but now everything is sweet. My companion is already speaking great Portuguese, because Spanish is really close to Portuguese. I really know that I am receiving divine help and strength from the Lord.

This week we had the baptism of Rayssa. She is ten, and has been going to Church for a while now. Her brother is a member also, and he is 17. She will be confirmed next week. Also, we are having much success with the investigators. We have this investigator we've taught twice named Marilede. I love her because she really has faith in God, and she is just so humble, and really has a lot of respect for us. She said she knows we are angels sent from God, and that we really are His servants. It just makes me happy when people have been prepared to receive us. She has had experiences in the past with prayer to the point where she has so much faith in the power of prayer, and she is going to pray about the Book of Mormon. We invited her to be baptized, and she is a little hesitant because she doesn’t like doing it alone, and she wants her cousin to become a member too, whom we have been talking to as well! It’s crazy because the street where she lives has all her family, her brother lives next door, cousin above, and many more. They will all be baptized in the future! I think all we have to do is bring a member with us to help teach, and everything will go right. She will be baptized eventually.

Also, the members are working with us a lot. Our Ward Mission meeting is on Sunday, and all we do is go out with the members and visit all the less-actives. There are a lot of them. I am just super excited because the less-actives usually just need an invite. They always know it’s true, they just need a little help, and they always have family members to bring who are non-members as well. Also, we are starting an English class this Saturday in the Chapel. We found a non-member, friend of a member, who really wants to learn English. So that will bring in more people! Also, we began visiting another city that’s part of our area, called Condado. Everyone says there are a lot of people over there that the other missionaries were working with, and if we find at least five people to be baptized, there will be a new Branch over there. 

So, this last week I really learned the importance of faith and trust in the Lord. The Lord has given me more faith through prayer. I have faith that the Lord can help us start a branch in Condado. It sounds crazy, but you need to have the vision that anything is possible. Non-believing just brings discouragement and kills the desire to try, but I am just so excited to do everything possible to move the work forward. I love this Gospel! It is the truth! There is nothing more pure or that can bring so much happiness and peace. I love you all. I have been missing you all. Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Hoyt

No comments:

Post a Comment