Monday, October 21, 2013

I am going to be Training!

So, transfers were today, and I am going to be training! I am so excited! We found out last night, and came to transfer meeting this morning in Recife. So, I am in an area called Pina right now. I will sleep here tonight, and pick up my new missionary tomorrow. We will be staying in Goiana 1, and Elder Mcfadden will train also in Goiana 2, and be District Leader. I have no idea who I will train, I am pretty sure he will be Brazilian. But I am so excited! I know I will grow a lot. 

Goiana is doing well! We got a reference yesterday from a member. She invited her friend to hear the lessons, and he said yes! So, I am excited things are going so well. We are also still working with Edna and her family. They were sad to see Elder D. Sousa go. Also, we have a lot of other potentials, and I just can’t describe how excited I am to train!

I am just humbled at the faith my Mission President and the Lord have in me that I will be able to do this. I also believe I can do it through the help of the Lord. The main reason I am excited is that I will really be able to experience the Atonement, because I know I will not be able to do this alone. And I really just want to give it my all, and be the best I can, and that’s when I will receive the strength I need. I have really been thinking that one of the most important things in this life is the influence we have on other people, because almost everything we do influences other people, whether by example or by direct influence. So, I think we should have the goal to be an influence for good wherever we go, and whoever we come in contact with. It is kind of like the baptismal covenant, to stand as a witness, and you can show your testimony and witness best through your actions. 

I don’t have too much time to write this week because of the transfer, but I will give a better update next week. But just know that I am so happy and excited to work very hard. And I definitely feel that the Lord loves me very much. I also know you guys love me! Thank you for all the support! I love you all so much! Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Hoyt


No comments:

Post a Comment