Wednesday, May 8, 2013

I'm in Michigan!


Hello Family!

So I am here safely. We were picked up from the airport by the Assistants, and driven to President Holme's house. We took pictures and were fed hamburgers! We hadn’t eaten anything all day, so that was so nice! We then got interviews with the President, which was great. He is an awesome guy! He is going to be released in six weeks, but I get to have him for a little bit. He had all this information about me, so that was funny.

It would have been nice to go out proselyting, but our second flight was delayed a little bit, so there wasn’t enough time. All we had time for was interviews, and then we just watched Mormon Messages…well, Elder B, two other Elders and I did, everyone else got to go proselyting, and then I slept at the Assistants’ apartment, and the next day we went to the transfer meeting at the Church. I got new companions! Two of them! So I’m in a trio. I guess they usually put the Visa waiters in trios because they could leave at anytime.

Everyone is asking me how long I’m going to be here, and I was like I have no idea...hahahha. But today I just got an email from the Church, and it says, by now you have probably realized your Visa has not been approved. So yeah, I have realized that, but I’m glad they told me, so we are on the same page here.

But I’m so excited to be serving here! I have no idea how to do anything, except teach and speak Portuguese, but I also have a strong testimony of the Gospel and the happiness it has brought to my life. I also have the Spirit as my guide, and Preach My Gospel, which has the answer to everything! I also have great trainers…Elder F and Elder H! They have been out almost a year, so this is going to be great.

My P-day is on Monday, and I will be calling on Sunday. I’m calling at 5 o’clock here, so I think that is 2 o’clock in California. So I’m excited to talk to you guys!!!!!! It was awesome last time, how you got everyone on the phone, I loved that! Sorry I could only talk for a little bit, there wasn’t much time. We didn’t want to cut it as close as the first flight. Okay, well, I will talk to you all on Sunday! Love you all so much! You are all the best!

Love,
Elder Hoyt

Hey, I forgot to give you my address. Just to let you know really quick, I live at:

510 Hickory Lane, Apt. 104
Westland, Michigan 48185-3435

No comments:

Post a Comment